I just read a great article on Wedding Wire about the trends we’ll be seeing while out snapping our fabulous 2014 weddings. Below I’ve listed the predictions made by Wedding Wire editor Kim Forrest. Interestingly it seems that the Snap couples are trendsetters! I went back into the archives and found some examples of these “future” trends in our weddings from this past season. Kudos to our stylish and creative couples for being on the cutting edge!
1. Metallic Color Schemes: Forrest says we’ll be seeing gold and silver in everything from stationery to linens, cakes, and even wedding dresses. Snap couple Christy and Brad decked out their venue, Castle Hill, in amazing gold tones. Florals by Stoneblossom. See Christy and Brad’s full post here.
2. Art Deco: All things Great Gatsby are new again. Wedding Wire predicts we’ll see a lot of 1920’s inspired decor and themes. Snap bride Lauren was way ahead of the pack when she chose her 1920’s inspired invitation suite for her 2012 wedding.
3. Unique Entertainment: Forrest explains, this is a broad category encompassing everything from slow motion video booth to lawn games. Think outside the photobooth! We loved this set of cornhole boards from Andrea and Alex’s summer wedding, adorned with the date they met and their wedding date. Check out the rest of Andrea and Alex’s beautiful summer wedding here.
4. Halter Neckline Wedding Dresses: If you have beautiful shoulders like our bride Karen, you’d be crazy not to choose a halter neckline dress. Wedding Wire assures us we’ll be seeing a lot more of this flattering style! You can view more photos of Karen’s unique dress here.
5. Radiant Orchid: We’ve all heard it’s the Pantone 2014 Color of The Year. I guess Jennifer must have known that Purple would be making a major comeback. Can’t get enough of purple either? Read on about Jennifer’s wedding here.
6. Custom Hashtags: Love this one! It’s so clever, and perfect way to make sure all of the photos your guests snap end up in one place. Once again, the Snap Brides are on top of the trend. Courtney had the adorable hashtag #meetthepetersons. You can see more of Courtney’s Oceancliff wedding here.
7. Dahlias: No surprise here, they’ve always been one of our favorite flowers. As a matter a fact, our favorite bouquet this year were chock full of dahlias! Flowers by Semia created these luscious florals for Jenni and Scott’s wedding. Lot’s more Dahlia loveliness in Jenni and Scott’s full blog post here.
8. “Naked” Wedding Cakes: Kim Forrest, editor of Wedding Wire lets us in on this little secret…cakes are shedding their icing! You’ll see this trend happening in rustic casual weddings. Here are Lauren and Jonathan’s take on an icing-less cake at their Castle Hill Wedding.
9. Hanging Decor: Says Forrest, “From lanterns to flowers to ribbons, crepe paper, even parasols – couples are clamoring for décor hanging from the ceiling!” With a little help from Exquisite Events Grace and Harry turned the courtyard of the Hope Club into a wedding wonderland with the paper lanterns galore. Centerpiece by Sayles Livingston. See more of Exquisite Events handi work on Grace and Harry’s full post here.
10. Bridesmaids Wearing Mint: We agree with Wedding Wire, Mint is refreshing! Julia’s adorable sister Hope wore it well this November! Bouquets by Sales Livingston. Check out all of Julia’s unique touches on the full wedding here.
Hope you enjoyed a sneak peek at the best new wedding trends for this year, per our friends at Wedding Wire. 2014 couples, Let us know what fun colors, decor and entertainment you are planning for the upcoming season!