Lorraine and Dan’s Boston Public Library wedding was truly spectacular and we are beyond thrilled that the Knot Boston chose to feature it in their latest issue. Check out the beautiful layout and credit to all the wonderful vendors below…
Getting Your Wedding featured in the Knot Boston Magazine
Inspiring isn’t it!? You may be wondering how to get your own wedding featured in the Knot. Excellent question! As a matter a fact, there are very specific elements that their design team is looking for when choosing which weddings will be featured. Here is a list of the most important elements from the fantastic writers at the Knot sampled from their article, Submitting a Real Wedding to the Knot: 20 Shots Not to Miss. Great food for thought when you are planning your wedding and contemplating the things to invest in and which things are not as important. Have these lovely elements at the ready for us and we’ll absolutely make sure they are captured, getting you one step closer to your own fabulous feature.
1. The Stationery Suite: Programs, save the dates, reply cards and all the paper choices.
2. The Cake: A great cake makes or breaks an editorial!
3. The Kids or Pets: (cute, self explanatory).
4. The Environmental Portrait: A lovely scenic shot with the bride and groom in it.
5. The Shoes: Everyone loves shoes!
6. The Venue: An overall shot of the Ceremony and Reception sites before the guests arrive.
7. The Bridesmaids: Show off the maids style!
8. The Reception Table: When done properly, you can show off your overall style with this one photo.
9. The Silly Shot: Show your fun side.
10. An Editorial Shot: Faceless but Iconic.
11. The Aisle Marker: A perfectly styled shot that is a hint at the overall wedding style.
13. The Boutonniere: One of the few man-cessories.
14. The Recessional: A pure candid, pure joy.
15. The Escort Cards: Creative ways to identify your guests and their seats.
16. The Reception Candid: You should be beaming!
17. The Favors: Often overlooked or forgotten, don’t!
18. The Signature Cocktails: Pretty garnished drinks, mmm!
19. The Centerpieces: Full blooms, minimum clutter.
20. The Getaway: A final applause!
Going through Lorraine and Dan’s Feature I find they have so many of these elements: The Scenic Shot, The Getaway, The Stationery Suite, The Signature Cocktail, The Ceremony Site, The Cake, The Centerpiece, The Reception Candid, and The Venue. Again, many thanks to all the wonderful vendors who made this wedding possible and to Lorraine and Dan themselves for having such great taste!
Vendors: The Boston Public Library, Meg Simone Wedding Films, Eliza Rafferty at the Catered Affair, Artistic Blossoms, Salon Mario Russo, Maggie Sottero, L’elite Boutique, Jimmy Choo, Monique Lhuillier, Jenn Lane (Invitiations), Megan Chapin (Escord Cards), Lynn Graham Designs (Menu Cards), and The Fairmont Copley.